Saturday 10 January 2015

The gift of charms by Julia Suzuki

Hi Guys

I got asked by Julia to review this book and here it is. By the way this book was released last year so you can go and buy it.


Synopsis:

In a secret land, far away from the habitation of man, dwell the world's remaining dragons -- hoping the dragsaur beasts have vanished forever. Here they try to live their daily lives, but all is not well and their talents are fading. 

Things change, however, when, from a strange egg, Yoshiko is born - a dragon with a unique destiny. 

Great adventure lies ahead as many challenges must be overcome, leading to a dangerous mission to the human world in attempt to return to the clans their missing magic!

Can Yoshiko make it in time?

Thoughts:
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book as I don't read that much middle grade because I don't really like it. 

I got some odd reason didn't look up the synopsis when I first got asked to do a review. I just went into the book not knowing anything. 

I think the author had a great take on dragons and I also thought it was an original take on dragons which is hard given there are so many dragon books.

I thought the plot line was good, all the caracters were well developed and the world was also well developed the only thing I didn't like about the book was that it was a bit young for me but I found percy Jackson a bit childish so you might think different.

All in all I am giving this book 4/5. I would still recommend that you read this even if it is just as a fun read.

Julia's Twitter: @juliasuzuki_uk

Twitter: lovelaces2
Tumblr: lovelaces
Instagram: lovelaces2
Email: lovelaces2@hotmail.com
Goodreads: Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment