Tuesday 31 March 2015

March wrap up

Hi guys

I think I did pretty well with reading the month. I read a total of 7 books this month which I am happy with.

We all looked up by Tommy Wallach

I got this book from Netgalley so my review is here.

If you find me by Emily Murdoch

I had to read this book for book group and I did a review here. This book was the most surprising book of the month as I expected to hate it but quite enjoyed it.

Half Wild by Sally Green

This was my second most anticipated book this year and it didn't let me down. It was great, extraordinary, super, fantastic. I genuinely can't say enough good things about it. I didn't write a review for this book as it would just be me gushing about how Sally Green has to be a God to write such a extraordinary book. I gave it 5/5. You have to read it, well read half bad first but then read half wild. I can't believe I have to wait a year until the next book. Help me.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

I have been told I have to read it for a while now but just haven't had the time and now I am glad my friend forced me into it. It will probably take a while for me to get round to the second one but I will eventually. My review is here.

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
I got this book from Netgalley and wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it my review is here.

Salad anniversary by Machi Tawara
I have already finished this book but I'm not going to say anything about it because the book comes out on June 9th. My review for this book has been scheduled though so look out for it.

The island by Jen Minkman
I got this book for free on Amazon and it was a quick, easy read that was intriguing. It took 30-45 minutes to read and it was okay. I don't think I will be continuing the series unless I find the next book free but all in all a nice, fun book with a unique idea.

Xoe by Sara C Roellile

I got this book for free in a collection of stories about girl's who don't need men to save them and I was expecting short stories but no this is a full lengthy book. I wasn't expecting much as it was free (not sure if it still is) but I loved it. It was so much fun. Definitely finishing the series. I loved all of the characters especially Jason. Really liked this book 4/5 stars. I would also like to mention the book was not at all scary, it was more really funny at points I was laughing out loud.

The mystery of wickworth manor by Ellen Caldecott

I love Ellen Caldecott, she writes such good middle grade and always manages to avoid my biggest pet peeve, undertaking (I will one day do a blog post on that). This is a mystery book but at some points it got quite creepy. I'm giving it a 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment